Creating a company from scratch is a huge challenge. The key motivation should be to keep things as simple as possible, albeit even the simplest of concepts take time to get right. People prefer to build multiple software together, and in DevOps, everything hinges on effective collaboration.
To uphold these core values, Semaphore helps software development teams coordinate their efforts and remove bottlenecks that impede testing and deployment. The latest episode of Code Story uncovers more about the inception of Semaphore and what it takes to create a tool that holds a unique place in the CI/CD ecosystem.
- How the challenge of adding code collaboratively to apps while making sure everything is working led to continuous integration (CI).
- What it takes to deploy and test in a healthy, uninterrupted DevOps environment.
- How Semaphore UX was shaped around the goal of enabling developers to set up a CI process in only 5 clicks
- Advice to new entrepreneurs: think about your customers every day and do not get distracted by anything else.
- How monorepo (link) enables rapid dev workflows at scale.
- What is the everyday motivation — knowing that we help 1000s of devs across the globe to achieve higher productivity.